Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we ban fastfoods around schools?

+16
Marie
Bertille
Paulinee
Megane
Kédem Ferré
Charlotte
Lisa
Lucas
Anne
Florence
Ines
Benoît
Melanie
Julia
Maëva
Vincent
20 posters

:: FOOD

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty FOR A NEW CANTEEN ...

Post  Barbara Sun 7 Nov - 16:31

I think that it's not a really difficult question for us because we have a Mc donald, two supermarkets, a pizzeria and other restaurants around the school. Everydays, we can buy something during an our when we haven't any lesson. We must just have money and for that and most of us can. It's sure that il's a very very bad idee to build supermarkets and restaurants around a school but teenagers are very good customers for this store. I'm sure that Intermarcher earn a lot of money with all the students who buy sweets.
There is a contradiction between advertissements that we see on the Tv and the fact that they can build shops with junk food next a school. You say that obesity is a dangerous thing for teenagers and children. We are often tempt by junk food and when we see things that we must eat in the canteen I understand people who prefer eat in an other place...Moreover our canteen is so small for all the people who eat every day. So the best thing to do for the governement it's to forbiden all the store with junk food around a school... or to build a new canteen ...

Barbara

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty Re

Post  Harmony Sun 7 Nov - 16:37

I think we shouldn't ban fastfoods around the school , because it's not expensive and when the food is not good on the self-service we can go to fastfoods Smile !
And eat to the fastfoods once a week it's not a problem but eat every day to the fastfoods it's a problem . .
But in fastfoods you can eat : Hamburgers , ice cream , potatoes, soda . . . but you can also eat salads , fruits , water !!
It's people's problem if they can't managed their food !

Harmony

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty Should we ban fastfoods around school?

Post  Paulinee Sun 7 Nov - 16:44

I'm agree with Bertille and Marie, we have to be responsible for ourselves. We need to be more informed about dangers of fastfoods and junk food to decrease problems of obesity and decrease diseases linked with junk food like diabetes, liver diseases...

Paulinee

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty Should we ban fastfood around shcools?

Post  Florence Sun 7 Nov - 17:22

I think you're right Bertille and Marie, teenagers have to be mature, and take their responsabilities, it's true...
Bertille you said that during advertising there are catch phrases like " Don't eat too much fat, sweetened or salty", but do you really think that it's sufficient to influence students to not eat in fastfoods?? I don't think so...even if they are warned, they're used to eat this kind of food and generally don't think about consequences...
Florence
Florence

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty re : should we ban fastfoods around schools

Post  Megane Sun 7 Nov - 18:08

From the point of view of the big quantity of vegetables served in canteens, I’m agree with you Florence. However, when you said that the student’s must eat vegetables necessarily because there is nothing else, I think it’s a reason for pupils to go eat in fastfoods. Indeed, if they don’t love the food proposed, they don’t eat anything and prefer goes to the fastfoods. Or they arrived in class without having food, what decreases the concentration in class! Mad

Megane

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty Should we ban fastfoods around schools?

Post  Charlotte Sun 7 Nov - 18:32

Harmony you're right, when you said that fastfoods isn't expensive, and that it allows some people who haven't got enough money to self-service to go eat in fastfoods.

However, there isn't just fastfoods. There is also supermarkets with healthy foods, better for health...

Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty Re : Should we ban fastfoods around schools ?

Post  Julia Sun 7 Nov - 19:51

Maybe we haven't to ban fastfood IN the school but AROUND the school. Per exemple, if a student doesn't like the meal at school he can eat in Mc Donald's or take a pizza or a kebab. There are too 2 supermarkets.

Julia

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we ban fastfoods around schools?

Post  pauline Mon 8 Nov - 11:14

I agree with Bertille, Marie and Pauline, you must be responsible and mature, you can know, when you are teenager, how you must eat and in witch quantity! I think too that that's a problem you can avoid from your childhood.... Your parents must help you to learn how you must eat.
Finaly, I agree with Harmony: you have choice in fastfoods! there is not a lot of healty food, but you can find.

pauline

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty Should we ban fastfoods around schools?

Post  Irina Tue 9 Nov - 18:31

I think it is a good idea, but many people will disagree with me.
A problem of obesity is really important now, it is going to be a catastrophe. In American States every year dying 300 000 people because of obesity.In some countryies percentage of fat people is more than 70 Exclamation People do everything to make their lifes easier.We move less and eat more. it is a good recepte of obesity, isn't it?
But children are really escited eating fastfood.

I was in shock when I have seen in France that mothers feed their little children ( even less then 3 years old) in Mcdo and they think that its normal!it might be a culturel differences, I dont know.There are many cheap restaurents of traditional food in Russia and it is really more tasty.So,such restaurents as Mcdo are not very popular in my country.And russian mothers will never buy " happy meal" for theirs child.You could think that we are far from modern style of life but I think it is really better.I think that fastfood is not a best type of food.

No,I will not say that junkfood is disgusting or that I have never eaten it because sometimes healthy food is really horrible.By example, I prefer to eat a fry potato than something like carrot with cheese. I really believe that healthy food can be and should tasty. But, I will repeat,reason of this is that I am from another country.

So, it is a choice of everyone what to eat. But government should change this situation or at the future people will not imagine how to eat vegetables and do a sport.

Very Happy

Irina

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty Re

Post  Harmony Thu 11 Nov - 18:24

Yes , Irina I agree with you when you say "In American States every year dying 300 000 people because of obesity" it's an argument to ban fastfoods but there is lot of people who died because they smoke cigaretts or drink alcohol and it's not ban . .

Harmony

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty Bringing your 3 year-old to Mc Donald's ...

Post  Kédem Ferré Sun 14 Nov - 16:54

It's always difficult to know how much what you experience in a foreign country is "normal". But what I can tell you is that it is definitely not "normal" to bring your 3 year-old child to eat in a fastfood! And it has nothing to do with cultural differences either, although it's true that the way you eat also depends on your social level. The thing is in France, healthy food isn't so cheap, and having a healthy diet is more and more becoming the priviledge of the more wealthy, especially in urban areas. So the fact you're not French may not explain everything in the example you gave: I would have been just as shocked as you were!
Kédem Ferré
Kédem Ferré
Admin

http://www.kedemferre.com

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty FOR A NEW CANTEEN ...

Post  Benoît Mon 15 Nov - 20:12

I agree with you, Barbara. Maybe there will be a new canteen - what you meant and what I hope too - or maybe it will be bigger. We don't know what is going to happen ...

Benoît

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should we ban fastfoods around schools?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2