[Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Kédem Ferré on Tue 19 Apr - 7:27



Do you think Sarah is a victim or do you rather think she deserves what she got?


Last edited by Kédem Ferré on Wed 20 Apr - 14:18; edited 2 times in total
avatar
Kédem Ferré
Admin

Posts : 93
Join date : 2010-06-22
Location : France

http://www.kedemferre.com

Back to top Go down

Sarah

Post  Julia on Tue 19 Apr - 7:35

I think that this clip is quite exagerated because if you post something someone can't see because a lot of website like Facebook or Twitter have a good security. And it's exagerated because I don't think that all people can't know one girl in the all town. But it's quite good because with this clip we can see where it can go.

Julia

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Everyones knows Sarah

Post  Lisa on Tue 19 Apr - 7:39

I think this video is a good means to show us how dangerous is internet specially social networks. Because when you publish personal informations or photos , videos .. everybody could see it, even if you have blocked your information, they could pirate your count.
avatar
Lisa

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-11-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Charlotte on Tue 19 Apr - 7:40

I think that the video is a good ad to warn teens and young kids to be careful of what they post on Internet. They haven't to post naked photos of them, because everybody can see it, or photos of them that can be misunderstood, even if they find it funny.
avatar
Charlotte

Posts : 12
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Everyone knows Sarah

Post  Marie on Tue 19 Apr - 7:40

I think that the clip overhype a bit the dangers of posting your life on the Net. Sure, it is not safe to do this, but not everyone is interested by your life and your underwear.

Marie

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Marie on Tue 19 Apr - 7:42

I agree with Julia, it is overhyped.


Last edited by Marie on Fri 22 Apr - 6:12; edited 1 time in total

Marie

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Everyone knows Sarah

Post  Harmony on Tue 19 Apr - 7:43

I agree with Lisa and Julia , because this clip is exagerated the reality , but it's a good way to make people react about the dangers of Internet. It's not because it's virtual that is not real .

Harmony

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-10-02
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Amel on Tue 19 Apr - 7:43

I agree with Julia because the clip is quite a bit too much exagerated. Everywhere she goes everyone knows her especially when she is at the mall with her friends on the escalator i think the boy does too much to just make people understand that she did something "wrong" somewhere
avatar
Amel

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  pauline on Tue 19 Apr - 7:45

I agree with Marie: everything is overhype. I think too that we are too old to see this clip: we know already how we have to be careful with what we say online.

pauline

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-05

Back to top Go down

Everyone knows Sarah

Post  Maëva on Tue 19 Apr - 7:45

I think this video is interesting because it shows the reality, advantages and inconvenients on the Internet and especially with social networks. Indeed, at the begining of the video "Everyone knows Sarah", a person recognizes her because of the Internet and she's happy. But when she sees that everyone knows who she is just because her post on the social network for exemple, she's surprised! I think she regrets.



Last edited by Maëva Bellal on Fri 22 Apr - 6:10; edited 1 time in total

Maëva

Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-11-05
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

Everyones knows Sarah

Post  Lucas on Tue 19 Apr - 7:45

I disagree with the fact that Sarah is a "poor" victim. As it is say the clip, we need to think before post in Internet. Otherwise, anyone can see that you post online. In this clip, Sarah haven't thought so she have posted something compromising.
Serves her right!
avatar
Lucas

Posts : 4
Join date : 2010-11-05
Age : 23
Location : Rhones alpes

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Julia on Tue 19 Apr - 7:45

I agree with Lisa, there is very good hackers. People must to mind for their post.

Julia

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Lisa on Tue 19 Apr - 7:45

Marie wrote:Sure, it is not safe to do this, but not everyone is interested by your life and your underwear.
I agree with this quote, some people publish all their life on Internet ... Now Sarah have to take responsibility for her action.
avatar
Lisa

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-11-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Sarah's post

Post  Léa2 on Tue 19 Apr - 7:46

This video is very interesting but sad because at the begining of it "everyone knows Sarah", there are three and happy girls who go out the school. During the day many mens talk to Sarah because they saw Sarah's publication. Even the coach talk about that. I think that Sarah doesn't deserve that because she mustn't knows the repercussions.

Léa2

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-11-05

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  coralie on Tue 19 Apr - 7:48

I think that this clip is interesting but a bit exagerated ( like says Julia ) because, personally, on my facebook, nobody can see what I publish, just my friends ( this kind of social network have a good security ). But I also think that it's better to not publish our private lives.
avatar
coralie

Posts : 9
Join date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

SARAH

Post  Megane on Tue 19 Apr - 7:49

I disagree with Julia and Marie. According to me, the clip is a good awareness campaign because she sensitize people about Internet's dangers. This clip use one example of a teenager but he speak about a lot of people. Besides, information posted on Internet can be saw by EVERYBODY because these elements go around all of sites such as Facebook, …

Megane

Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-09-30

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Marie on Tue 19 Apr - 7:50

I agree with Lucas, Sarah isn't a victim, she should have thought before posting personal things.

Marie

Posts : 10
Join date : 2010-09-29

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Charlotte on Tue 19 Apr - 7:50

Lucas wrote:I disagree with the fact that Sarah is a "poor" victim. As it is say the clip, we need to think before post in Internet. Otherwise, anyone can see that you post online. In this clip, Sarah haven't thought so she have posted something compromising.
Serves her right!

Oh no Lucas, I don't agree with your idea. Yes, she has posted a "wrong" photo of her, but I think that she didn't knew what happened.
avatar
Charlotte

Posts : 12
Join date : 2010-09-30
Age : 23

Back to top Go down

SARAH

Post  Megane on Tue 19 Apr - 7:50

I disagree with Julia and Marie. According to me, the clip is a good awareness campaign because she sensitize people about Internet's dangers. This clip use one example of a teenager but he speak about a lot of people. Besides, information posted on Internet can be saw by EVERYBODY because these elements go around all of sites such as Facebook, …

Megane

Posts : 8
Join date : 2010-09-30

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Léa2 on Tue 19 Apr - 7:51

I disagree with Lucas because the girl is ase punished with the conséquences of her action

Léa2

Posts : 7
Join date : 2010-11-05

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Vincent on Tue 19 Apr - 7:51

Yes, but it has to be exagerated, it's the goal of a awareness campaign.

Lisa 1èreL1 wrote:they could pirate your count.

Yeah, sure, but it's really rare, all the guys in this clip, I don't think they go on Internet to hack something and loose some time, they searching what they want with an easy access. To be hacked could be the same as to be stolen, it's quite rare.

Marie wrote:but not everyone is interested by your life and your underwear.

I think there are more than you think.

pauline wrote:I think too that we are too old to see this clip: we know already how we have to be careful with what we say online.

A lot of people older than us aren't like this. Some knows it, but it can't helped them to post and thinking " Yeah, it couldn't happened to me". It's like smoking, everyone knows that " Some kills " but..

//

Me, I think it's exagerated, sure, but it has to be. And, maybe they didn't say it in front of, but they think these things when they see a girl like Sarah who has made the same thing. It's possible.

avatar
Vincent

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Bertille on Tue 19 Apr - 7:51

According to me, this clip is a good awareness campaign to sensitize people about the danger on Internet. But I disagree with Julia because EVERYBODY can look your post on Internet, if your are hacker or your are just a bit good computing, you can find all the information of somebody.

Bertille

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-10-03

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Benoît on Tue 19 Apr - 7:51

As far as I am concerned, I think that this clip is quite a good one because people can measure one of the main dangers of the Internet. Indeed, at the beginning, Sarah doesn't realize that what she posted will be seen by a lot of social network users because the first boy who noticed the photo makes Sarah happy because he's "so cute" according to her friend. But, when other people, particularly adults, tell her about her photo in underwear, I think that she realizes that she did too much.

Benoît

Posts : 6
Join date : 2010-11-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Amel on Tue 19 Apr - 7:52

Sure this clip is a kind of awareness campaign but i think that when you take the liberty of posting something on internet you must take the responsibility of what will happen afaterwards. That is to say that the post can be seen by other people including people that we don't personally know Exclamation Exclamation
avatar
Amel

Posts : 7
Join date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Annika on Tue 19 Apr - 19:23

It's not good to post all your private things on the internet, especially if all people can see or read it.
Because for example in Germany the employers enter the names of jobholders into google and if they find naked pictures from them or something else, the consequence is that the jobholders didn't land a job.

Annika

Posts : 4
Join date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Re: [Facebook and privacy] "Everyone knows Sarah"

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum