Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we ban fastfoods around schools?

+16
Marie
Bertille
Paulinee
Megane
Kédem Ferré
Charlotte
Lisa
Lucas
Anne
Florence
Ines
Benoît
Melanie
Julia
Maëva
Vincent
20 posters

:: FOOD

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Re: Should we ban fastfoods around schools?

Post  Vincent Fri 5 Nov - 7:52

It's an hard question. Fastfoods could be useful for some reasons : for example, the wednesday, to eat something quickly to be able to do not miss the bus, or any activities, or something else. But, in an other way, it can be responsible of the obesity of the students.

So, we have to find solutions. First, we have to responsabilize the students about junk food and fastfoods. It doesn't have to be an habit for the students to eat in fastfoods, just a practical way to eat when we doesn't have the time. Actually, all of students knew that eating to much in fastfoods make them fatty, but, we have to find shocking ways, like adverts about safety belt on TV.

Or, maybe we have to control how much they go to fastfoods. Maybe we have to find a way to force them to no going to fastfoods more than fourth per months ( for example, one every wednesday ).

So, yes and no, but I think that we don't have to directly ban something for some reasons like "we don't like it for our kids" etc... In this way, we should ban a lot of things... But I don't think it's good. Generally, when you forbid something to a kid (adolescent or whatever ), it makes him even more curious and he want to do this thing, or to go in this place. If we ban fastfoods around schools, it can be worse to let fastfoods where they are.

Of course, we can forbid fastfoods to built their stores around schools, at these place, students doesn't have fastfoods around them, and, they doesn't have habit to this.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty .

Post  Maëva Fri 5 Nov - 7:54

At first hand, I think that fasfoods around schools are practical. Actually, if childrens can't eat at the self-service, or if their parents can't fetch them, they can go to fastfoods situated around schools to eat. Besides, when children havn't got lessons and that they are hungry, at four or five o'clock for example , they can go to fastfoods to eat a little thing. It's a way to relaxe them because they can have a good time with their friends.

At seconde hand, I thinks that fastfoods around schools are not good for the health. It's bad because children will be attractived by that. For example, inside of eating at school at the self-service, they will want to go to Mac Donald's or Quick ... And it's very unhealthy if children do that everytime because a balanced diet like in fastfoods created obesity or diabete and it's more and more common.

Maëva

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Should we ban fast food around shcools ?

Post  Julia Fri 5 Nov - 7:55

I think we have to ban fastfood around schools because obesity is a real problem in the world now and we need eat healthy food for to be in health. Fastfood is so fat and bad for the health. Obesity touch a lot of children so we have to look after what they eat, and we can look after that at school. With fastfood we can to be ill, per exemples liver diseases and diabetes.
Maybe we can give fastfood but only one meal per month, for the pleasure, besause eat have to stay a pleasure.
But in the world there is many obesity. So I think you can eat fastfood but at home, not at school, and just one or two meals per month.

Julia

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Re: Should we ban fastfoods around schools?

Post  Melanie Fri 5 Nov - 7:56

I think that we shouldn't ban fastfood around school because it's a moment of pleasure but if the students eat too much unhealthy food they became obese and the fastfood are ban. On one hand if the people don't eat fastfood every day is not important. But in the other hand always eat unhealthy can be bad for your health and can create diseases like diabeatise or liverdisease and it's jeopardize. The teenagers think that junkfood it's good for their health and eat fastfood a lot so they don't conscious of danger that fat and sugar food represente. The fastfoods must stay a real pleasure and not become an habit. In the canteen we can eat healthy food so we don't have any excuse for hadn't got a good diet.

So the fastfoods should be ban but the students can't have a moment for relax them and they must always think of the school. And I think to ban fat food around the school can reduce the nomber of obese child.

Last edited by Melanie Dantier 1èreL1 on Sun 7 Nov - 11:10; edited 1 time in total

Melanie

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Should we ban fastfoods around schools ?

Post  Benoît Fri 5 Nov - 7:57

I think we should ban fastfoods around schools because stundents wast money when they go there. Then, I think that eating at the canteen is already a chance for the students. It's less expensive than eating at the fastfoods. Besides, parents pay so that we eat at the canteen.

Benoît

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty fastfood around schools

Post  Ines Fri 5 Nov - 7:57

I think that is a good and bad to ban fastfoods around schools. forbide the restaurant who serve healthy food can a good thing, because the food is unhealthy wich brouhgt obesity about teenagers. In did, the obesity augmented since 2008 to 18%. Build fastfood around the school isn't a solutions to bring down this percentage. The teenagers do less and less exercice and they don't have a balanced diet.

At the same time the student like a junk food and ilt's more cheap than cafeteria' food.

Ines

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Should we ban fastfoods around schools?

Post  Florence Fri 5 Nov - 7:57

I don't think it's a good idea to ban fastfoods around scools cause of the fact that they will eat there every days, they will be attract by this kind of diet and it's not a good think for their health. Moreover, if they eat everydays at the fastfood, they will be use to only eat hamburgers and other food with fat or a lot of sugar, and they will not try to eat healthily.
I want to add that generally, there’s a canteen in the school which suggest very good diet with healthy food like vegetables or fruits and I think it’s very stupid to go to the fastfood to eat when there is better just near the scool.
However, I think pupils could go to the fastfood only if they don’t have enough time to eat at school, like that they could sometimes eat healthily.
Florence
Florence

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Réponse

Post  Anne Fri 5 Nov - 7:57

To my mind, it isn't a good idea!

The teenagers'obesity is more and more seen since young people eat unhealthy food. I think, we can ban fastfoods around the school but it's not the most important and the first thing to do to prevent teenagers'obesity. However, fat food's dispencers can take off because with that, children possess unhealthy food all the time. That's why in France we never see dispencers in educational premises.

Schools'canteens are cheaper than fastfoods so teenagers eat in. Besides, in general, you have to walk when you want to go to a fastfood whereas, canteens are always near schools and normally, teenagers are inactive so they prefer stay at school. Laughing

Even if fastfoods make fat food, it's really pleasant have sometimes meals with friends in a sort of restaurant. Moreover, teenagers are intelligent enough to eat moderately bad food. Indeed yes, if we want quite remedy teenagers'obesity, we can totally ban fastfoods around schools, but sensible people will be punished! No?
Therefore, in my point of view, we shouldn't stop fastfoods because globally teenagers are not rich enough and not active enough to eat every day in a fastfood, and they are responsible enough to understand that.

Last edited by Minot Anne on Sat 6 Nov - 17:18; edited 3 times in total

Anne

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Should we ban fastfoods around schools ? (Answer)

Post  Benoît Fri 5 Nov - 13:02

I think that we should ban fast-foods around schools because students waste money when they go and eat there. Besides, eating at the canteen is already a chance for the students. Indeed, parents pay so that they eat at the canteen every day, whereas students often pay their lunch at the fast-foods with their pocket money. The canteen offers fruits and vegetables that a lot of fast-foods don’t. It’s better to eat at the canteen if we want to have a balanced diet. Then, the canteen is just near the school or in the school whereas the fast-food is much further. Why do students go to fast-foods ? They often say that “it’s better than at the canteen”. No, it’s much fatter. It’s maybe better for them, but it’s worse for their health. What’s more, students are tempted to go to fast-foods : if they eat there too often, there are many risks. For example, they can put on weight very much, and it can cause health problems, like obesity. Students, I don’t prevent you to go to fast-foods, because I don’t want to do this, but don’t go there too much ! Don’t jeopardize yourselves !

Benoît

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Should we ban fastfoods around schools?

Post  Lucas Fri 5 Nov - 13:23

Nowadays, students often eat junk food.
Instead of going to the canteen, they go to eat in fastfoods like Mac donald's, Quick or Kebab...
The directors of fastfoods aren't stupids. They know that the students prefer the junk food. So, to be next the school is a good way to get more monney. But fastfoods' food is fat, calorical, sugary...really unhealthy.
So fastfoods shouldn't be around school. Definitely, this food is delicious so it can become an addict food.
A lot of old people think that fastfoods are very bad and typical american.
The students love it!!! Isn't it?

Lucas
Lucas

Back to top Go down

Post  Florence Fri 5 Nov - 17:46

Sorry, I have just realized that I made a mistake at the beginning of my message about the ban of fastfoods, I said first that I disagree with the ban of fastfoods, however, the arguments that I gave after defend the opposite... So finally, I think it's a good idea to ban fastfoods around schools and I want to add that I agree with Benoit who said that students waste their money by eating there.
It's true that they are all tempted by fat food (as suggest McDonalds or others), that's why I think it would be better for their health to ban fastfoods around school. If there's a canteen near the school, it's not in order to decorate. Self-service restaurant suggest a healthy and a balanced diet for students, like fruits and vegetables and even if sometimes the meal is disgusting (according to me), I don't understand why they waste their savings to eat outside whereas their parents pay to them eat at school...

Florence
Florence

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty About fastfood

Post  Lisa Sat 6 Nov - 10:26

No, we don't affraid ! Because I think that if the food is bad at school, students could go out and eat at the fastfood. It will be better than not eat because the school's food is disgusting !! And I think that the students won't abuse ; they won't go everyday at fastfood, because I think they don't have enough money for this. More over, now you can go to the fast food and take a mixed salad, this is healthy !
So if it's stay exceptional, junk-food is not really dangerous for health. However fastfood is cheap and people who don't have enough money have to go here to feed themself.I'll say fastfood is very practical : it's easy to prepared and it's served very fast.
Lisa
Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte Sat 6 Nov - 11:59

I think that the fastfoods should be ban around schools.
Because, the fastfoods is one of the things which intensify the obesity. And nowadays, it's a real problem in our society.
The teenagers are the most influenced by this, through the ad on the TV, they're attracted by the food in the fastfoods.
When they have one hour free, they're going directly at the fastfoods, and in one week, they have lof of hour free, so it's a lof of hour spend in fastfoods, and mostly lot of foods ingested !
We can change it, if the fastfoods would propose more fruits, salads, and less hamburgers, french fries, or stuff like that. If they change the fat against the heathly food, there will be fewer problems with the obesity.
Even if, I think, the fastfoods doesn't want change its foods, because it's that which attracted the customers...

(Uhm, I don't understand why, but my message that I've posted yesterday has disappeared...)
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post  Kédem Ferré Sat 6 Nov - 13:37

Charlotte Lagneau 1èreL1 wrote:(Uhm, I don't understand why, but my message that I posted yesterday has disappeared...)
Sorry! No idea why! I didn't do anything! Shocked
Kédem Ferré
Kédem Ferré
Admin

http://www.kedemferre.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Megane Sat 6 Nov - 15:12

On one side, I think it's not a good idea to ban fastfoods around schools. Indeed, if the self have problems as the waiting, students don't have time to eat. They remain all day long the empty stomach and can feel faint ! So they are going to eat, in one hour, in the MacDonald for instance or sandwiches in the supermarkets. Pupils eat around the school for not arrive late in class because they will have to fetch a ticket of delay at the request of the teacher. Then, fastfoods are practical for the snack or the breakfast when student's did not have time to take it and allows at pupils to meet between friends for forgotten the school during a small moment !

However, fastsfood sell poor-feeding, very bad for the student's heath because this junk food can pull obesity or other diseases ! Besides, fastfoods insist pupils to nibble during the meals ! Then, if the mother of the student registered his son to the canteen so that he eats balanced whereas he eat fat ! Often, these fastfoods oblige pupils to eat with hands; as chips, hamburgers... Sometimes, when they buy food in the supermarket, there are no places to eat and the pupils sit down on the ground ! So, these three factors show that fastfoods have bad influence on the education of the students. Finally, student's mothers pay the canteen and when pupils eat outside of the school, they use their allowance !

So, fastfoods present advantages as inconveniences even if the arguments against are a little more convincing and parent's students will not say the opposite because they prefer that fastfoods are forbidden Very Happy

Megane

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty re : fastfoods

Post  Megane Sat 6 Nov - 15:51

Florence, I'm agree with you when you said that the students spend their money for nothing. However, I don’t think that the canteen suggest a balanced diet because almost every two weeks, there are chips. Besides, the personnel is useful also much pastes or desserts sweetened like ices… Finally, sometimes, we find 2 starchy foods in the same plate, what is not normal and not good for health !

Megane

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Should we ban fastfood around school?

Post  Florence Sun 7 Nov - 0:00

Finally, I agree with you Mégane, fastfoods has advantages and inconveniences: I admit that canteens' food is sometimes not really healthy, but I think all the same that the canteen suggest a better diet than fastfoods because these sell us more unhealthy food than healthy food, as hamburgers, chips or ice cream, they don't suggest a lot of salads or fruits. So students are tempted to eat all things they think tasty cause they have the choice.
That's why I think canteen is better for students health, even if one day there is vegetables, they must eat it, because there is nothing else: it's either they eat what there is, or they don't eat anything else.

Moreover, I don't think that the reason why students eat in fastfood is because they want to eat healthily, they don't think about that, they just want to eat hamburgers as they saw it in advertising, that's all. I think too that students don't really know what is the composition of fastfoods ' meals, they don't know how much oil they use to fry potatoes or how much oil there is in hamburgers...
Florence
Florence

Back to top Go down

Post  Melanie Sun 7 Nov - 11:25

What Benoit says it's a good thing the fastfood are little expensive so the students must pay with their pocket money because their mother or father pay already the canteen but from time to time it's a good thing for relax us.
And Florence I agree with you because self-service offers a good diet like fruit, vegetables or meat even if there is sugar dessert there is always fruit and I know that students don't like that but it's more good for their health.

Melanie

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Should we ban fastfoods around school?

Post  Paulinee Sun 7 Nov - 13:40

I think, like a lot of dieticians, that we have to ban fastfoods around school. The obesity's problem is present all around the world because of, for the most part, fastfoods; but this issue is more serious for children. It's a society problem which is questionable.

First we can say that fastfoods is practical, if we don't have a long time to eat at lunchtime we can have lunch quickly. I can find a lot of examples like that but I have one which concernes my generation: if, at the self-service the lunch isn't good, I can go to a fastfood to have lunch! Moreover fastfoods have a not inconsiderable advantage, we eat cheap.

Contrary to what some persons think, fastfoods aren't good for the health. In one hamburger we found salad and tomatoes or onions but we can found too much of unhealthy foods too. Unfortunatly, children are attractived by fastfoods and they want to eat this food again and again because they think that it's delicious whereas it give desire to bring up.

I'm agree with Florence when she says that students don't really know what they eat in fastfoods. I think that we need to know all of we absorb. Unhealthy foods aren't only hidden in foods but as weel in drinks in which we find a huge amount of sugar!

To conclude, fastfoods have advantages but inconvenients too. I think that we have to ban fastfoods around school because they are a factor of obesity and unhealthy.

Paulinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Bertille Sun 7 Nov - 14:58

I think that fastfoods around schools are practical because if the canteen have problems (long wait, stike, or others...), and that the students can’t eat, fastfoods permit them to eat because they must be able to eat. At the same time, when the pupils eat in the fastfoods, it’s means to meet them friends and change the ideas outside the schools during a short time.

But I think too, that fastfoods can be a danger for the health because the food sold isn’t very diet. And if people eat often in fastfoods, they might have been sick or they can become diabetic, obese or have liver diseases or others serious illnesses. The food buy in the fastfoods is expensive if we often buy it.

So fastfoods present advantages and inconveniences. And teenagers must be enough intelligent to know how to eat for their health. But when they can’t make it, their parents have to help them and teach it to them. If they can’t resist to eat unhealthy food, they must be eating in cafeteria only, and very rarely in fastfoods. So their parents would be reassured.
I think that we shouldn’t ban fastfoods around schools but it’s necessary to sensitize the teenagers on the unhealthy food and their health.

Bertille

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlotte Sun 7 Nov - 15:03

I'm agree with Mégane and Florence, when they say that in the canteen there's also fat food, and sometimes canteen propose a menu much less balanced than in fastfoods. Even if, in the canteen it's still generally more balanced.

Indeed, that's true that sometimes it's really nice to be with our friends in fastfoods to decompress. Obviously, it musn't do it once for day...

I think that people can change their foods, if they really want it, and fastfoods doesn't forcing anyone to consume.
Then, the teenagers must be careful with food, and not to go all the times at fastfoods.
Charlotte
Charlotte

Back to top Go down

Post  Marie Sun 7 Nov - 15:31

I think that fastfoods have advantages but also inconveniences: if you eat only sometimes there, because you want to spend time with your friends, or just eat food that you like, I don't think that it is a problem.
Besides, it is sometimes more practical to eat by Mc Donald's because in the canteen you have to wait a long time before you eat (there is often a lot of pupil).
Yet, if you eat always in fastfoods, it can be dangerous for your health: hamburgers, chips, ketchup... are very fat. And I agree with Pauline: many drinks are unhealthy too, because they contain a lot of sugar and many people don't know that.
I think that the food in the canteen is not so bad, the school offers a balance diet (chips can be inclusive of a balance diet insofar as you don't eat always that), and it is not as expansive as in fastfoods.
Besides, I agree with Pauline: fastfoods are a factor of obesity, so we should ban them around schools, but I think also that it is very practical sometimes for pupil.
In my opinion, you can eat junk food, if it is not often: you will not have health's problem if you have a balance diet and you eat sometimes in a fastfood.

Marie

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty Should we ban fastfood around school?

Post  Bertille Sun 7 Nov - 15:33

Florence, I’m agree with you, I think also that the advertising influences the students when they eat in fastfoods. But now, awareness campaigns are organized on the television, and all the advertisements of food have a catch phrase of nutrition and the website “mangerbouger.fr”.
And I’m agree with you when you say that “the canteen suggest a better diet than fastfoods”, but the fastfoods suggest sometimes a food more attractive than the canteen... Even if this one is much less healthy. Very Happy

Bertille

Back to top Go down

Post  Marie Sun 7 Nov - 15:44

I'm agree with Bertille: teenagers have to be enough mature to know what is good for them. And I'm agree when you say that we shouldn't ban fastfoods but we should sensitize the pupils about the danger of junk food.

Marie

Back to top Go down

Should we ban fastfoods around schools? Empty FOR A NEW CANTEEN ...

Post  Barbara Sun 7 Nov - 16:31

I think that it's not a really difficult question for us because we have a Mc donald, two supermarkets, a pizzeria and other restaurants around the school. Everydays, we can buy something during an our when we haven't any lesson. We must just have money and for that and most of us can. It's sure that il's a very very bad idee to build supermarkets and restaurants around a school but teenagers are very good customers for this store. I'm sure that Intermarcher earn a lot of money with all the students who buy sweets.
There is a contradiction between advertissements that we see on the Tv and the fact that they can build shops with junk food next a school. You say that obesity is a dangerous thing for teenagers and children. We are often tempt by junk food and when we see things that we must eat in the canteen I understand people who prefer eat in an other place...Moreover our canteen is so small for all the people who eat every day. So the best thing to do for the governement it's to forbiden all the store with junk food around a school... or to build a new canteen ...

Barbara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next